Thursday 30 August 2012

Photoshoot

It's been a little while since I last posted but I decided to save my posting until after my lesson on Wednesday.  On Wednesday afternoon, a friend and I went out to the barn to take some nice pictures of ourselves with our horses, and I decided to wait until I could post some of them on here.

My lesson on Wednesday night was pretty good as well, which I was both surprised and thrilled about.  Walker was the best behaved horse out of all four of them!  In fact, the other three horses, which are usually so well behaved, were actually having a lot of problems.  One of the horses was a little lame when we first started out, and because his rider was also feeling a little sore, they ended up leaving the lesson after about 25 minutes.  The second horse to have problems was a mare who we think was in heat.  She is usually very well behaved but once every so often she goes into heat and becomes really hard to deal with.  We could tell that something was wrong with her right away and so her rider was too nervous to keep pushing her.  They left the lesson after about 35 minutes.  Then, there were just two of us - Walker and one of the other horses at the barn which I would call the beginner horse (not because he's not talented, but because he's so trustworthy you could put anyone on him).  Well, there was a horse in one of the outdoor paddocks on Wednesday night, and because it was getting dark earlier than usual (and it was almost a full moon), that horse was freaking out in the paddock and galloping from one end of it to the next.  The other horse in my lesson kept getting spooked by this, and at one point, he even bucked several times along the rail (good habits picked up from Walker, I'm sure).  Walker didn't even lift his head while all this was going down, but the girl who was riding the other horse in the lesson was definitely nervous about it and we ended up spending the rest of our lesson just walking around and doing some leg yields and simple pole work while the crazy horse that kept spooking them continued to freak out in his paddock.  Needless to say, when we got done the lesson, I was pretty impressed that Walker was the best horse there.  I was very proud!

Other than that, the week has been pretty good.  On Tuesday night, I had to ride in the smaller indoor arena while lessons were going on.  I worked on some two-point, and I rode bareback to strengthen the muscles in my legs.  I may try practicing some two-point over poles soon, and even some elevated poles to see if I can't work myself up to the tiniest crossrail of all time!

Anyway, below are just a couple of the pictures from our photoshoot on Wednesday afternoon.  Since I never seem to have any photos on my posts, I will try to save some for the future. I think they turned out pretty well (thanks to my friend who is a great photographer), and Walker was pretty well behaved.  It was pretty windy though so my hair is definitely not the best!  Oh well, I can at least cross another thing off my list of things to do with Walker.

All the horses wanted to do was graze

 
Walker checking out the photographer 

My favorite picture - with the love of my life 

No comments:

Post a Comment