Goals to finish off at the old barn (and to finish off Winter):
- take jump lessons with my current instructor (who has a history in jumping/dressage, as opposed to the trainer at the new barn who is mainly Western)
- really work on improving our speed control, riding into corners, lateral movements, etc.
Goals for the new barn:
- make everything work (potential lack of locker room, getting into a rythym, finding horse friends, etc.)
- conquer the outdoor arena with its lack of fencing (also read as: don't die when Walker figures out that he's not fenced in)
- conquer the indoor arena when I have to share it (I realize from reading other blogs that it seems to be common to have people in the arena while you're doing lessons, but that isn't allowed at my barn - my goal will be to really control Walker so that I don't get in the way of the lessons and so that we manage to play well with others!)
Goals for me:
- improve riding position
- look into taking lessons at a barn in the my new city run by an Olympic eventer (in other words, learn to jump on a horse that actually jumps and get some instruction without breaking the bank)
- ride other horses sometimes too - to give Walker a break and get more practice with different types of horses
- get over lesson/show/clinic anxiety
- remind self that I don't "need" everything immediately and I don't have to be perfect
|The only man I'll be kissing this New Year's Eve|
Happy New Year everyone! I'll see you in 2013!