Wednesday 28 November 2012

Follower

So I generally don't fill these things out, but I'll do pretty much anything to avoid writing my papers right now (even though I had to skip my lesson to do school work).  Luckily, I get tomorrow off from school (and by "get school off", I mean that one of my classes was cancelled by the professor and I took the liberty of cancelling the other one for myself).  That means that I can work on my papers, see my boy, and go to a last class bash that we are having where all the funds raised go to a scholarship for a student who passed away in my first year.

I got these two fill-out thingies from Julie at The Little Bay Princess but I'm pretty sure they came from Viva Carlos since they've been popping up on  my blog feed for a week or so now.  Here goes:


  1. Equestrian Goal(s)? learn to jump and get to do cross-country
  2. How many horses do you own? one
  3. Do you watch horse races? sometimes, but not regularly
  4. Ever been to a horse race? I have and I would much rather watch them in person - it's the gambling thing!
  5. Dream horse? Hmmm.  I feel like it's wrong if I don't say Walker, and Walker is definitely my dream horse of the moment.  I don't think he will be able to do all the things I want to do in the future, but I also don't think that I will ever sell him, no matter how many other horses I own.
  6. Dream barn? not one in particular, but if I had to describe one, it would have: LOTS of turnout/paddocks, big box stalls, locker room, indoor/outdoor arenas (maybe even more than one, including a cross-country course), and I would love for Walker to have his own runout 
  7. Describe a barn friend. knowledgeable and helpful, and someone fun just to play with on horseback
  8. Describe a rider you're jealous of. can't think of anyone in particular, but pretty much anyone who has good control and talent.  I am inspired by Ian Millar though - he's such a talented rider and I hope that I'm still riding when I'm older!
  9. What do you wish to improve on? everything.  mostly: better hands, better seat, better control
  10. Best thing you're good at in riding? my heels are always down.  it's like I have lead in those things.
  11. How many hands is the horse you most often ride? 15.2 hands
  12. What breed of horses do you ride? Quarter Horse
  13. Favorite supply store? Northstream Tack, a little tack store not far from where I live - they know me by name, they know my job, and they even remember the times I have horse shows or activities.  they are the sweetest people ever and they look out for me (especially when I need things)!
  14. Do your parents approve of riding? they do, although I think my father is sick of hearing about Walker!
  15. How many people ride at your school? Only one other than I can think of and she started riding again because of me :)
  16. Any other sports  you participate in? haha.  no.
  17. Describe your perfect ride. Walker and I had one beautiful ride where he acted like the perfect Western Pleasure horse (in the summer, when that's the discipline I was focusing on).  He had this beautiful controlled lope, and I just felt so good about us
  18. Riding flaws? lots of them: leaning forward (hard nut to crack!), hands out of position, thumbs never on top (ever), hunched shoulders
  19. How many times do you ride a week? 6 times a week if I am able
  20. Describe horseback riding in one word. Escape

Splurge or Save:

  1. saddle: splurge (although both of mine have been kind of a save right now; next time I will splurge though)
  2. board: save, as long as it doesn't compromise Walker's well-being
  3. halter: save, even on his show halter (although I may start singing a different tune if I showed more)
  4. bit: save, although I don't know if it counts that I have bought a million different bits...
  5. bridle: splurge (two splurge bridles, two save: use the splurgey English one and the save Western one on a regular basis)
  6. saddle pad: save
  7. trailer: if I had a trailer, it would probably be a save, as long as it was safe
First thing that comes to mind:
  1. Haflinger: I've got nothing.  Never seen one in real life.
  2. Quarter Horse: Walker
  3. Thoroughbred: Izzy (horse at the barn)
  4. Warmblood: Lark
  5. Welsh Cob: Hi (yes, that is the name of the pony)
This or That:
  1. English or Western: even though I want to ride English so I can jump, I think Western will always be in my heart
  2. tall or short
  3. trail ride or beach ride
  4. long mane or short mane: I'm kind of undecided on this.  I'm letting Walker's mane go shaggy just so I can see what he looks like as a wild horse, but then I will probably cut it again
  5. hunters or jumpers
  6. XC or barrel racing
  7. outdoor arena or indoor arena
  8. trot or canter
  9. canter or gallop: Walker and I haven't done much galloping, but I think that if we did, and I could semi-control it, I would love it
  10. paddock boots, tall boots, or cowboy boots
  11. horse shoes or barefoot
  12. saddle or bareback
About you:
  1. How long have you been riding? I started riding when I was in middle school through the summers on and off for the next few years.  I have no idea when I stopped, but I started again in university in the summer (then got sick and had to stop), so I consider my "real" training starting in the summer of 2011 when I began riding regularly again in law school (we "re-riders" all seem to have that similar story)
  2. Do you own or lease a horse? own
  3. Breed? Age? Height? Name? Quarter Horse, 7 years old, 15.2 hands, Walking Hocus Pocus (Walker)
  4. Do you have any other pets? Chester (a cat)
  5. If you horse was a person, what kind of voice would they have (you can use a celebrity for an example)? Walker would be like Joey from Friends because I can definitely hear him in the field with all the mares saying, "How you doing?"
  6. Does your horse have a "color"? teal
  7. Does you horse do any tricks? he can get his bucket off the hook in his stall (and spill water everywhere)
  8. Have you ever dressed your horse up for Halloween? no, but oh did I consider it...
"How you doing?"
Favorites:
  1. Breed? Quarter Horse (for now)
  2. Discipline? Well... if I could answer that question, my life would be less all over the place.  Western Pleasure in the summer , but I want to jump on  my clumsy boy who is going to hate me for this ambition
  3. Coat color? Dark (although I used to be a palomino fan)
  4. Famous horse? Big Ben (mostly because I love Ian Millar)
  5. Horse race/competition? Anything at Spruce Meadows
  6. Brand of tack? don't really have one
  7. Thing to do with your horse?  just ride and be with him

2 comments:

  1. Seems like all the other people that filled this out said Hickstead so I was happy to see a fellow Big Ben fan! :)

    ReplyDelete