Thursday 22 November 2012

The Return of Walker

Today my friend M brought his niece out to the barn to see Walker.  Walker was a pretty good boy and he let her lead him around like a big puppy dog and everything.  She is 7 years old, and like all 7 year-olds, she is fearless.  She hopped on him and kept wanting to go faster, which is really difficult when you're on the ground trying to make your lazy horse run beside you.

Then I convinced her uncle to get on.  He is 26 and one of my best friends in law school.  It was hilarious.  I got a picture of him, but I have refrained from posting it since there is a minor in it - and as a law student, those kind of privacy concerns make my spidey senses tingle.

I can't decide what part is my favorite in the photo though: my guy friend in my purple helmet, his awkwardly long legs shoved into my saddle, or the fact that his 7 year old niece is leading him around.

It turned out to be a lot of fun, and the little girl definitely enjoyed herself.  We have a donkey at our barn as well as a 5 month old foal, so she was enjoying running around looking in all the stalls and petting some of the horses.

I think her mother is in for an earful though because when she was leaving the barn, she had definitely decided that she not only wanted to take lessons, but that she wanted her own pony.  Another one bites the dust!

1 comment: