Wednesday 5 December 2012

Busy busy busy

My next week isn't looking too good for Walker.  After his 3 days off, I will be sure to give him lots of attention tomorrow afternoon because it doesn't look like I'm going to get to go out to the barn too often until I get my first two exams under my belt.  If I can manage it, he will probably only get ridden every other day for the next week, and frankly, I probably don't even have time for that.  Unfortunately, I also should be going to the Living Christmas Tree on Sunday, which my friend is dancing in, but right now, it's not looking doable.  I haven't scheduled it in, but I will just have to see what the end of this week brings.

December is going to be a pretty lazy month for Walker.  After my first two exams, I have about a week until my last one, which will be good for him because I don't really need a week to prepare for it.  After that, I will ride him every day for about half a week until I leave for Christmas, and then, unfortunately, the best I can do is four days in between rides (since I will have to drive 2 hours back here to ride him).  He's going to be so fat by January!

Also, if you recall, I was supposed to do a clinic at the beginning of January.  I've heard rumours that this clinic was actually just for 6 people who are supposed to be on some winter show team or whatever.  They tell me that there is another clinic at a later date.  When I talked to my barn owner about the clinic, I suppose she never specified if I was doing that first clinic or the second one.  I was a little cranky at first because I felt like I signed up for the first one and was pushed aside because I'm not one of the top riders at the barn.  However, looking at my schedule for December (and my dire financial situation), it's probably a blessing that Walker doesn't get a bunch of time off and then I expect him to be in tiptop shape for the beginning of January.  I'm still not sure what the situation is but I've sent my barn owner a message to insinuate that January 3rd may be a little early for us after all.  I want to do a clinic with this guy before I move in May, but the Christmas holidays are about spending time with family and relaxing.  I'd much rather have a few enjoyable rides and see my family and friends (including a friend of mine who is currently working out west) than stress myself out for this clinic.  Currently, the only stress I have time for is this blasted paper and my three stupid exams. :S

Can't wait to see the boy tomorrow.  Walker always cheers me up :)

1 comment:

  1. That's a bummer about the clinic, and I would be annoyed too. Glad it had a silver lining though; at least when your "turn" rolls around you'll have had better time to prepare. :)

    Good luck with all your end of semester stuff!

    ReplyDelete