Wednesday 19 December 2012

Lesson Cancelled

We're in the middle of a snowstorm here so my lesson ended up getting cancelled tonight. We're getting 30-40 cm of snow (I think that is about a foot of snow?). Anyway, I feel bad for Walker because now he's going to get 4 days without turnout or exercise. I intended to go to the barn Monday but I went on Sunday so that I could finish studying for my last exam on Monday. I didn't think it would be a big deal because although I knew this storm was coming, I figured that I'd get out to the barn tonight either way. Unfortunately my barn owner tells me that the roads aren't great out there and she didn't think I should risk it. Since Walker wasn't able to be turned out on the crazy ice (for a week and a half!), he hasn't had exercise since Sunday. I can't go to the barn tomorrow either because I have an appointment and somewhere I have to be in the evening. :( so Friday will be my next ride and also my last one until I go home for the holidays. Luckily M has agreed to lunge him for me over Christmas, and I should get back to see him for the day at least on Boxing Day. I had such high hopes for a fun and productive holiday season at the barn but I guess that has all fallen apart. I haven't even had time to work on our jumping (such as it is). Hopefully in the new year, we'll start doing it in our group lessons.

I also noticed the last time I was at the barn that my stirrup leathers are super worn from rubbing up against my boots. I've only had them for a year (and have probably only used then for half that time). I know that they were cheap but now I feel like I should replace them. That and my computer which, according to the technical people in my life, "is in its final death throws." I would much rather put $1000 towards a new saddle so I think I'm going to give it a chance to actually die first. My computer has been flashing a warning message for a year and a half now that the hard drive is going to fail, which apparently doesn't happen - they normally just die, not warn you they're going to. My computer is now making creepy metal clicking sounds. It is a lot like the hero in the movie that just refuses to die. I have faith that it will persevere.

Since I have failed on the photo front (and the seeing my pony front), I leave you with my other guy, who has singlehanded destroyed my Christmas tree in true Christmas spirit.


2 comments:

  1. Cute cat. New saddle! Although you should back your computer up so you don't lose important stuff when it does die! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I've backed everything up already, but I agree that a new saddle would be a much better investment!

      Delete