Friday 8 November 2013

Dance It Out

When I did my undergrad, I lived with my best and oldest friend.  She and I have been friends since we were five and can put up with a lot from each other.

Whenever either one of us would get stressed from all the work, we would go into the other's bedroom, turn on the following song, and without word or question, we would both hop on the bed and dance our little hearts out.  When the song ended, we would say nothing and simply return to our rooms.  Sometimes you simply need to dance it out.  

Even now that she lives on the other side of the country, every so often I will come home to the song played out in its entirety on my voicemail.

So here's to all my stressed peeps out there.  Dance it out, ladies!


You may also notice that there is a whole other verse added in.  Yeah, apparently that's the full version.  

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted this kind of relationship with a friend! Do you think my boyfriend would mind if I moved out for a while so I could experience it? Haha.

    ReplyDelete