Saturday 16 November 2013

Smashing

Weatherbeeta Freestyle (for the win!)
Walker finally got his new shoes and new blanket. It's like he's all decked out to go to the prom.

No sooner had I posted my disappointment that the farrier didn't come than the farrier came. Apparently he was really sick for awhile which was why he was a week late.

For now, Walker and I are taking it easy while he gets used to his new high heels. I find that he is fairly awkward on solid ground, but out in the arena, he bounces along quite happily.

Friday I just lunged him, and today I lunged and rode. Well, I only walked under saddle because our session on the lunge line ended up being a gong show.

I lunged outside, and he decided that he was an Arabian, snorting with his neck and tail high up in the air. And then, just to show me whose boss, he would canter right out of the arena. Yes, folks, he was on a lunge line. I defy you to stop a thousand pound animal who is determined to get just one foot on the grass to spite you.

I loves it!
Needless to say, this resulted in a lot of me getting after him with the whip and a lot of him, insulted, cantering off hottily.

By the time we were done, his little legs were shaking so I pulled off the stirrups and just walked him around for a little while.  After that, he was quite behaved.

When my barn owner showed up a few minutes later, he watched us for awhile and then said, "He sure is quiet!"

Mmm hmmm. 


7 comments:

  1. Isn't it horrible when everyone comes out to see your "perfect" horse right after they misbehave and no one believes you when they say they want to be a giraffe or an Arabian? lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! Although it was probably better that he saw good Walker than bad Walker. My barn owner is a groundwork fanatic, so I think if he had walked in on my snorting giraffe, he would have had a few other choice things to say!

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo shoes and new clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so snazzy in his pretty new blanket!

    ReplyDelete