Tuesday 31 December 2013

Let him freeze!

Remember when I worried princess might get cold in the transition from the Winter shell I have for him and the Winter blanket?

Remember when I spent the last of my Christmas bonus to buy him a new liner to keep him nice and cozy?

Well:



Since I only put it on him Christmas Eve, and I know for a fact that he didn't get outside until Friday because of the power, I can easily narrow it down to how long it took him to destroy it:

Less than a day outside with the other horses.  

They somehow managed to rip the liner off him without taking off his Winter blanket (impressive, really), and destroy it past the point of salvageable.

I found it buried under 30 cm of freshly laid snow.

He can freeze for all I care!

3 comments:

  1. Did your liner secure to the actual turnout somehow? Or have surcingles of its own? I have seen people try to use the rambo liner without a compatible blanket (mine snaps onto the back of my turnout so that it can't shift) and then the liner slips and gets under the horses legs. Just a thought. Super bummer! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I figured that out a bit late, lol.

      Delete