Sunday 30 November 2014

Walker's new bestie

I haven't had much of a chance to post recently but I thought I would let everyone know about Walker's new best friend.

In the great hullabaloo of my instructors barn shutting down, my instructor needed a place for her retiree. There happened to be a spot at Walker's barn so she ended up moving him there.

Enter Kobi. The 25 year old ex-eventing OTTB with one eye.


Slightly creepy but you get used to it.

Walker was completely intrigued from day one.  Of course, he didn't want to wait for the new horse to acclimatize. He insisted on being best friends immediately. 


He actually went to great lengths to get to Kobi on the other side of the fence. I wish I had caught all of it on camera. He was trying to rip Kobi's blanket off and everything. So we only waited one day to put them together.

Walker thinks that Kobi is great. Despite being older, he has a ton of energy and can gallop circles around my little slow quarter horse. But Walker still wants to be the boss of course and Kobi still lets him. It also works great for Kayden because now Walker doesn't insist that he play with him. Which is fine for the poor old guy.

It has been awhile since Walker has had a friend he loves so much. The two of them are as thick as thieves. 

Every pony should be so lucky to have such a friend (or minion, depending on how you see it)

1 comment:

  1. Aw he's a cutie. We have a mare at our barn with one eye and I seriously want to take her home.

    ReplyDelete