Wednesday 9 October 2013

Scheduling

I'm having a particularly hard time with scheduling lately. I'm averaging maybe 3-4 days a week instead of my usual 5-6. 

Thursdays no one can ride because the arena is rented out. Mondays I'm used to giving Walker off, and I can't seem to get it out of my head. Wednesdays I try to ride him after my lesson but that's always a hit and a miss depending on how tired I am. The rest of the week is subject to life getting in the way.

And lately I'm just exhausted. All. The. Time.

I really need to get myself going in a groove again. 

Tonight I unfortunately had to stay late for work and missed my lesson.  This is especially upsetting because I have to miss the last two week's lessons in October too.  However, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  If I had went to my lesson, I probably would have skipped riding Walker because I had been feeling a little under the weather earlier in the day.  If I had skipped riding, I never would have taken him out of his stall and found out he was lame.

Yep.  Turns out he's lame in his left front.  I'm a little concerned because it seems like it's his knee area.  He doesn't want to bend it.  What's weird is that he was clearly kicked in his right front.  It was cut and swollen, so I had to bring the swelling down.  I would have assumed he would be lame in the right front from the kick, but it is clearly the left.  I put some stuff on the cut tonight, gave him some bute, and told the barn manager to leave him inside tomorrow.  Tomorrow if he's still lame I'll probably call the vet just to make sure everything is well.  I've never had lameness issues with him before where it was clearly a leg issue and not a foot issue.  Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about.

In other news, I managed to give my horse bute all on my own - ghetto style.  I successfully gave him 12 cc's orally, 3 cc's ended up all over his face, and then I convinced him to lick the other 5 cc's off my hand like a dog.  It was gross but it worked!

Walker's girlfriend
Walker's girlfriend after he put her in her place

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the walking dead working adult world lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's funny because I always felt busier when I was in school, but I think my hours were simply more flexible so I could do more rearranging

      Delete