Thursday 3 October 2013

Off Tuesday

On Tuesday, Walker and I had an off ride.  He was off and I was off.

On my part, I was having issues with the Collegiate.  I am satisfied that I am sitting in the deepest part of the saddle and think that the picture I posted simply showed a bad angle, but for whatever reason, on Tuesday I was having issues with other parts of the saddle.  I wasn't 100% convinced that it fit him as well as I thought it did on the weekend, and I was wondering if my stirrups were long enough.  I think it was just one of those nights where I was obsessing.  Thankfully, the tack shop I ordered it from has graciously allowed me to keep it longer than a week to try, and I ordered another one to compare it to.

As for Walker, I can say that for the first time in the year and a half that I've owned him, he was stupid spooky.

stupid spooky ('stu:pid 'spu:ki) adj the act of being spooky for no apparent reason at things you are not afraid of in the least.

Not to be confused with legitimately spooky:

legit spooky ('legit 'spu:ki) adj the act of being spooky because there really is something worth being afraid of.

He freaked out on several occasions.   He became irrationally weary of the immobile tractor, and twice when we were just sitting in the middle of the ring, he spooked when a horse cantered behind us.  I mean, really?  That's not like Walker at all.

Besides that, he was also really lazy.  Like really lazy.  There was no way I could get him to move out.  I don't know if he was just exhausted from his romp outside that day or if there was something else going on.  He did have a few potential wasp stings on his leg, which I thought were just bug bites at first until one of the other horses from his pasture ended up covered in hives.  Who knows.  But it was the weirdest ride we've had in a very long time.

4 comments:

  1. Stupid spooky is annoying. Simon does that too when he's worked up about something or feeling bad about himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does it when he's feeling bad about himself? That's so weird. It makes me think of Eeyore!

      Delete
  2. Stupid spooky is about every other day with Alex, hopefully it's rare with Walker, because it's SO annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredibly annoying and also so out of character. I mean, I have had him for 1.5 years now and he has never in his life been stupid spooky. I think he must have smacked his little head on something. I don't know how you handle it!

      Delete