Saturday 25 January 2014

Le Spook

Wednesday, we got a snowstorm so I didn't make it out to the barn.  Thursday is stupid dog night (and apparently my barn owner has prostituted our barn out to the dog people on Sunday nights too - as if they didn't run rampant enough!).

Friday I had every intentions of going to the barn but then got invited to the movies.  I seriously considered saying no because, well, I just told you.  I was going to go to the barn.  Sheesh.  Don't people know I need to see my pony!? Then I reminded myself that I would probably come home after the barn and lament to myself on the couch while drinking beer alone how I had no friends, so I decided to overcome my antisocial tendencies.

Saturday afternoon I had a hair appointment so I knew I'd go to the barn afterwards.  My hairdresser loves to curl my uber straight hair, and I didn't have the heart to tell her that 10 minutes after I got out of there, I was going to do this:


Shove it in a pony tail and smash it under a tuque.  But it looked nice for 10 minutes.  I swear.

The pony and I had the barn to ourselves.  He started off calm on the lunge line but then threw in some bucks, spins, and even some rears/hops for good measure.  

I have got to do something about the spinning.  Half pony's fault, half my fault.  He drifts.  I don't hustle.  Suddenly I'm ahead of his shoulder.  He spins.  Although I swear that he sets it up that way.  I can't prove it.  But I know it's true.  [insert pony conspiracy theory]

Then I got on and worked again on forward forward forward.  He was really panting his little heart out as I tried to cycle through as many of his jog/trot gears as possible.  Semi-successful once again.  We're getting there.  

Finally, as I was just getting ready to stop, he decides to spook.  For realz.  This is noteworthy because I think it is the first time he has ever spooked in the entire time I've owned him.  No wait.  That's a lie.  It's probably the second.  I kid you not.

So then I had to spend 15 more minutes working where the ghost was just to be sure that it was a fluke and that he had his QH brain back.  He did of course.  A couple pony kisses later, and I was out the door.

4 comments:

  1. I used to do the same thing with my hair dresser! She would insist on styling it and it just went to hell so shortly after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a fair observation about hair after the hairdresser even if you don't shove it in a helmet. Hairdressers are magic!

      Delete
  2. If we lived closer I would be your friend and hang out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then we could hang out at the barn and kill two birds with one stone, lol

      Delete