Tuesday 21 January 2014

Little to Say

I know I just fell off the face of the earth for about two weeks, but I promise that I'm going to try not to 
let that happen very much this year.

I finished studying for the bar and wrote it two weeks ago. Then I was promptly met with disaster at work that consumed me for much longer than I anticipated. I worked late almost every day last week and I also worked late last night. I anticipate the week going much the same.

Needless to say, my plans to put Walker back into regular work got delayed until this week.

I started lunging him last week for a few days to get some of the crazies out but apparently there are a lot of crazies to be had. 

I rode him on Sunday and he was atrocious. I absolutely hate starting from scratch with him every time he gets a couple days off, and he acted like he had never had a rider on his back. He was pulling out some of his old tricks - like scraping me against a wall, so I spent the majority of my ride just reminding him that those things don't fly.

I spent the rest of the ride trying to get him light off the leg again. The constant journey. I was only mildly successful because he was so tired from the extensive lunging session he got that I couldn't ride for long.

Now that my jumping instructor is gone, I am on the fence about my lessons.  My barn owner isn't being overly accommodating and work is making it extremely difficult for me to commit to a weekly time. 

Last night I thought I had a lesson. When I texted my BO to tell him I couldn't make it, he never answered me. When I texted the instructor, she told me she wasn't even at the barn because she had no idea that she was supposed to teach me to begin with. Needless to say, these types of things irk me.

I might take a bit of a break from the lessons until I can get a handle on my work schedule and also until I can get my horse's brain back. Right now, I think he needs the work more.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry he's being a butt, but congrats on taking the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh. He's always a butt. I just roll with it

      Delete
  2. Hoping you pass the bar and that everything falls into place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on taking the bar!! What a big accomplishment :)

    I am sure that all the riding things will smooth out once life smoothes out a bit :)

    ReplyDelete