Friday 21 February 2014

Go Canada Go!

We interrupt your regular equine programming to bring you this short announcement:

Canada is kicking butt in Olympic hockey!  Gold to the women's team on Thursday and the men's team are on their way to the gold medal game after beating USA today.  Sorry my American friends!  We do love our hockey!  GO CANADA GO!

My office actually broadcast both games for us in our boardroom, which made for an exciting end of week.  According to the news, today was the least productive day across Canada all year.  No shocker there.  


In Walker land, we are currently on a mini-vacation.  I asked the barn manager to lunge him for me to see if she thought that I was crazy, but much to my surprise, she agreed with me that he seems off.  Well, in her words, she said it's either "attitude or soreness".  Funny how the answer to all of Walker's problems always includes attitude to a certain degree.

I was all set to call the vet but then the farrier convinced me to wait until he did Walker's feet.  I swear that man is telepathic.  I can imagine him driving along the highway when his spidey senses start tingling and he thinks, "she is going to call the vet [and the vet is going to tell her to do the opposite from what I have told her]".  Seriously.  I haven't talked to him in months.  And he calls me ten minutes before I call her.

He came out today and ended up pulling Walker's elevated pads.  I'm not quite sure why and intend to give him a call, especially since during our last conversation he was all about the pads.  I suspect that he found a ton of thrush under there because we've been battling it in his hind feet as well.  

Every time he talks to me, he wins me over with his rational conclusions and silver tongue.  Then he disappears like a fairy godmother.  Who knows when I'll hear from him again.  

Oh well.  I don't care if he bibbidy bobbidy boos his way to soundness.  I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Walker, I hope things with you get resolved! Congrats on getting to the gold medal game!

    ReplyDelete