Sunday 2 February 2014

Missed a Spot

When I moved into my apartment in May, I was most excited about the storage room.  Why?  Because I was going to turn it into a tack room extraordinaire!

And I did.  In fact, for months, the rest of my apartment stayed a disaster while my tack room was pristine.

After I wrote the bar, my mom came to visit, and she pretty much cleaned and organized everything in my apartment.  Everything but my tack room of course.  And for good reason.  Because it looked like this:


Which is me saying that I think I have a day of cleaning/organizing ahead of me soon.  

In other news, my ride on Wednesday was a success.  I decided to scrap all the bad vibes that came out of Tuesday and just work on something completely different.  I decided that while I am super excited about how forward he is getting off my leg, he is still being lazy about his lateral movements off my leg.  Forward, yes.  Sideways, no.  There's still a whole lot of kicking going on.

Ironically enough, I did not necessarily solve these problems but ended up solving my problems from Tuesday.  Isn't that always how it goes?  Because my brain was focused on something else entirely, I was able to get Walker to canter nicely in both directions, although of course the weakness persists slightly to the right.  

I'm actually so happy with Walker's progression.  There was a time when you would have to kick at every stride with big Western spurs on to get this horse to move his butt.  Now I can gently drape my legs on his side and he will go.  It's so easy to get caught up in the next step in your training that you don't realize all the progress you've made so far.  

So cheers to Walker.  He drives me to drink, but perhaps he doesn't get enough praise for being a totally awesome, incredibly intelligent, level-headed and lovable pony.  And he's cute to boot!

PS: Don't forget to check out SheMovesToTexas for her breeches giveaway.  Apparently it is unacceptable to wear breeches to the grocery store :P

3 comments:

  1. Glad Walker is making a lot of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good ride with some progress! :) And that room does look like a bit of an explosion. My organizing self wants to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete