Monday 2 June 2014

Blog Hop: Let's Make a Baby

L's current blog hop is all about breeding your horse to whichever stud you want, and imagining he is a she, of course.  That part is relatively crucial.


To be perfectly honest, I have no sweet clue.

There are a lot of good qualities to recommend Walker.  Good brain.  Good looks.  Great jog.  Pretty trot (when he wants to).  Has a nice lope (when he wants to).  Canter is probably not so great, but as a WP horse, he has a lot of things to recommend him.

He also has some great QH breeding in him already, like Hotrodders Jet Set, of whom he is practically a carbon copy.  I mean really:



He also has a few other horses in his background that I'm a big fan of, like Zips Chocolate Chip.

So if I was looking for a horse that would complement Walker's qualities, I'm not sure who it would be.  I'd want another QH obviously.  While it would be tempting to pick one of those hunt seat style ponies because it's more my style, it seems like a waste to have a pretty good WP horse and not try to make a better one.  Even if mostly play dressage pony these days.

So in true indecisive fashion, I googled "good western pleasure studs", and on the list was One Hot Krymsun.  Frankly I really can't believe I never thought of him, since I have done a clinic with the man who raised and trained this horse, who at this point I believe has sired 115 World Champion and Reserve Champions (the horse, not the man).


But honestly, I don't think I have the nerves for breeding.

1 comment:

  1. That would be really impressive if the mane sired that many WC's lol

    ReplyDelete