Sunday 8 June 2014

Lame and in Pain

No.  I don't mean Walker. I mean me.

I somehow managed to hurt my leg a couple days ago.  I thought it was fine, but then I realized that it wasn't.  I am having a hard time walking without limping and it hurts when I stretch or twist it in certain ways.

So naturally I have been going to the barn anyway.

Then on Friday, I am at the barn, limping down the aisle like a trooper toward my lame pony (the irony), when I hear an eighteen wheeler pull into the barn.  It turns out that the feed guy was there to drop off feed and had no idea what to do and where to put it and nobody was at the barn to meet him.

So then I helped him unload about 50 bags of feed each weighing 50 lbs.  I mean, who needs a gym when you can just randomly do barn chores.

The next day I realize that I hurt my back and shoulder so now not only am I still limping, but I'm finding it hard to lift my right arm.

So I go to the barn.

And Walker is not lame.  I am thrilled, but there are kids doing tests in the indoor arena.  Out we go to the outdoor arena which is thick with mud.

Walker decides that because I can barely put my heel down or lift the saddle onto his back, he should be a jerk for 40 minutes straight. We spent the entire time fighting about whether or not it was mandatory that he in fact keep all four feet in the arena.  I'd like to say that I won, but I think in reality I only chose to stop the ride in a 5 minute portion where I was winning.

Because the ground outside the outdoor arena is hard and tends to result in him being lame.  I could tell even by the way he gingerly pranced back to the barn that he was going to be lame today, so I'm not even going to bother trying to lunge him.  I couldn't ride him today anyway.

So I will bute him, bute myself, and we will both have a couch day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey saw your comment about soap. Try messaging Libby on etsy. If she hasn't shipped your order I bet she'll change the scent for you!

    ReplyDelete