Sunday 20 January 2013

I Survived the Weekend :S

It turned out to be quite the weekend for me.  On Friday, I got out to the barn to ride, but on the way home, there was an accident on the bridge during rush hour and traffic was backed up.  This made me late getting home which meant that I had to get ready in a whirlwind for a masquerade ball our law school was having.  I was bartending and helping out the organizer, and it ended up being a gong show.  It was supposed to end by 11:00, and I intended to be in bed by midnight because I had to wake up at 7:00 the next morning.  Unfortunately, it took us 2 hours to kick everyone out after the dance was over, and I didn't get home until maybe 1:30.  Nothing makes me crankier than being sober and exhausted and knowing that I am going to be even crankier the next morning.  At one point, I actually heard a guy at the school say to someone else, "Who is that mean blonde girl kicking everyone out."  I marched over to him and was like, "Me.  GET OUT!"  Anyway, this meant that I didn't get to bed until maybe 2:00, and then my lovely insomnia kicked in.  I never fell asleep until 4:30 in the morning.  :(

I was pretty much dead on my feet, but I met my mother in the morning and we went on a little shopping spree - including to Greenhawk!  I used my gift certificate to buy Walker some turquoise polo wraps.  No, I don't actually wrap Walker's legs, but I've decided that I should learn how.  I'm horrible for going to a tack shop and seeing pretty things I don't need and buying them just in case someday I'll ever want them!  I also got some new brushes to replace the ones he mangled the other day and a new lead line since my other one is rusted shut.  BUT, best of all, my mother got me a new helmet!  My old helmet was purple and looked like a glorified bike helmet.  It didn't fit, and although I always knew that it never quite fit, when the lady at the tack shop was measuring me for my new helmet, I realized just how much it didn't fit.  Frankly, it was time.  I ended up getting a Charles Owen (see picture), and I'm ecstatic.  It's super comfy and I look much less stupid now (yes, yes, and I'm safer...).

Then on Saturday night, we went out for J's birthday party, and although I was dead on my feet from a long day and no sleep, I had a lot of fun.  I got to sleep in this morning, and then I came straight back home.  I didn't think I would get home in time to go to the barn, but I got out there this afternoon.  I tried out my fancy new helmet, and I felt as fancy as it looks! I rode with D, and we pretty much just walked, jogged, cantered. I think I'm going to have to do a lot more circles and bending exercises because I found Walker particularly stiff today to the left.  At one point, I was trying to canter him in a circle (radical, I know), and he just kept expanding it and almost sidepassing out of it to see if he could just switch directions and see if I'd be the wiser. Silly pony.  He'll do anything to get what he wants.  Walker is also in love with D's horse, Starr.  Starr is one of Walker's girlfriends (he has several), and she's a good influence on him - as all good women are on men!  I always love riding with D because D is  my favorite kid at the barn and Starr brings out the best in Walker.  Win win!

Now I'm settled in on my couch for a relaxing night.  Walker is getting Monday off like usual and Tuesday off because I have an appointment.  Then we'll be back to our lesson on Wednesday, and hopefully I can convince my instructor to let us jump.

2 comments:

  1. A CO?! You really are coming to the dark side, you mean blonde girl, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to give it my 200%, equipment and all! Lol

      Delete