Thursday 4 July 2013

One Step At a Time: Seat

Still no news from the vet.  No news is good news, right?

I tacked Walker up yesterday, hopped on, but he felt both lame and uncomfortable. The vet said that he would have good and bad days back into work, so clearly yesterday was a bad day.

Because I still rode him around for about 5-10 minutes at the walk just to make sure he wasn't just stiff, I really worked on my seat. I mentioned the other day that my legs, seat, and hands are just a mess these days (all days really!). Because our new training schedule is so heavy on the walk until he's fit and perfectly sound, I decided that now was the opportune time to get it all right.

This might sound stupid but when I actually made a conscientious effort to sit on my seat bones and stretch down into my seat, I could feel an almost immediate difference. You simply don't notice that kind of difference when you do it at the faster gaits. You must simply get it right straight from the walk. It felt so good and secure, and shocker - my leg was 10x better as well. Who knew that if you actually listened to your instructor, these magical things would happen!

I really look forward to working on me for a change instead of always working on Walker. After all, Walker knows what he's doing. It's the idiot flailing around on his back that gets in the way!

"Silly human.  It's like starting from scratch again with you, isn't it"

2 comments:

  1. What a great perspective to take this down time and work on improving yourself. Atta girl! :)

    Fingers are still crossed about the vet. I'm getting mad cramps but it's nbd...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Julie - Good perspective. Hoping you get good news from the vet.

    ReplyDelete