Monday 10 September 2012

Cranky Days Off

Most Mondays I give Walker the day off. I find that it is a natural break in the week. You're at the barn all weekend because you have all day to be there. My lessons are on Wednesday and I try to make sure he gets his exercise on either end of that day. So that tends to leave Monday which is the perfect day because you're exhausted and preparing for the utter dread of the week. Monday's are also days I try to get things done - groceries, chores, etc. - and my schedule makes it impossible for me to ride that day except in the indoor arena in the evenings while lessons are going on.

Tuesday's and Thursdays are my day to get to the barn in the afternoon. It's the perfect time because most of the other boarders are in school still and I have the outdoor arena to myself. Unfortunately, now my Internet and home phone are messed up due to no meddling on my behalf and I have to wait around all afternoon tomorrow for them to come fix it. Now I'm getting two days off - one planned, one unplanned - and it makes me cranky to think that the next time I'll get to ride Walker will be Wednesday where he's bound to be energetic and bad for our lesson. I really could have used Tuesday to get some energy out of him or at least gage if this energy increase is a seasonal but permanent thing or if it is simply the product of last week's lazy schedule.

In the meantime, I can pretty much get no work done for classes or anything else. So unproductive!

No comments:

Post a Comment