Sunday 16 September 2012

Sunday Night: Heartland

It's finally that time of year again.  Heartland is back on!  I'm sure I'm not the only horse-crazy person out there in Canada whose in love with this show, but I have to say that I've been counting down the days until it's back on and tonight was the night!

Amy riding Phoenix from tonight's show

I love Heartland for a bunch of different reasons.  First of all, I think that it is a good, family-oriented show, just like all shows on CBC.  I really commend CBC for making quality entertainment because I have to admit that most of the shows on TV these days, including shows I watch, are very trashy and definitely not appropriate for everyone.  They have managed to take a show that is interesting with compelling characters and a new and exciting storyline - something that is quite rare these days!  It also has horses, which doesn't hurt either!  

I also love Heartland because I wish that was my life!  I wish that I could just live on a ranch and work with horses everyday.  I wish that I had those kind of people in my life.  I could definitely use a farm guy willing to sweep me off my feet! Oh well, a girl can dream.

In Walker news, I have nothing to report.  I didn't make it out to the barn today because we had one more Orientation event to do and I wanted to watch the series premiere of Heartland this evening (yes, yes, I realize that I picked watching a TV show about horses over actually going to see the horse I own, but have I mentioned that I love that show...).  I did email my barn owner, however, and I asked her what she thought about Walker's issues, namely bolting and not turning.  She said that it was probably him figuring out that I wasn't strong enough to make him listen, and I simply needed to get stronger to change his mind.  Easier said than done!  However, she did offer to get my trainer back on Walker tomorrow to see how he behaves with her, although we both agreed that he would probably listen to her over me.  Monday is usually my day off from Walker anyway so it's fine by me if she wants to exercise my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment