Wednesday 17 October 2012

Crazy Week

Unfortunately this week does not appear to be shaping up well for me. My mother came to visit me on the weekend so I took Sunday off from Walker so that we could plan our trip to Italy (!) and I could get some work done. I took Monday off as usual and then I panicked on Tuesday because Walker had two days off but I needed to work on a seminar presentation. This resulted in me skipping my last class on Tuesday so that I could do both, and I rode Walker in a whirlwind 30 minutes, pretty much just walk/trot/canter, home. Then, to add to my school stress, the mother if a friend of mine passed away yesterday so I'm going to skip my lesson tonight to get my school affairs in order and then I'm going home immediately after class on Thursday for the wake and the funeral on Friday morning. Then I'll rush back (hopefully), ride the pony, and start work on all my neglected school projects. In the meantime, the only thing still keeping me going is tracking the shipping of my bridle which is still in Philadelphia today. It will probably be a week or so until it hits here (or even Canada), but at least it keeps me occupied.

With regards to my ride on Tuesday, Walker was pretty good. I practiced my seat position and I realized that my hand positioning is only a problem at the canter. They're pretty quiet at the walk/trot. In terms of the canter, I started on his bad lead and I was really proud of how he made it around the tight circle (we were inside because it was raining). Weirdly enough, when I changed directions, even though it was his good lead, he kept picking up the wrong lead. Try as I might, I couldn't get him to pick up the correct lead and I was too pressed for time to stick with it. I'm sure it's just a fluke, the product of a whirlwind ride perhaps. Here's wishing I could go out today and find out :(

No comments:

Post a Comment