Wednesday 23 April 2014

Diets and Baking

Walker and I have both gotten a little fat.

Luckily for Walker, he was not so lame tonight so he's back to work.  Kinda.

Not so luckily for Walker (or perhaps he would think it was lucky...), I think I'm going to put him on a new supplement which supposedly is high in fat.  Considering he is actually on a high fat high fibre feed, this will actually be added fat.

Why am I doing this?  Because it is also high in flax.  And my local feed store no longer just sells flax.  And I want flax.  So we will try it.  Could be a disaster.  I hope not.

As for me, I'm on a "kinda diet".  I call it that because it's not actually a diet.  I don't really diet.  But all my muscle tone has disappeared and been replaced somewhat so I feel the need to do something about it.

This includes exercise, of course, but I have also let some bad eating habits take over my life.  So I'm just going to go back to the eating habits I had before, go back to the regular riding and exercise I had before (you know, assuming constant soundness) and hope that works.

And I've taken up running.  But best not to ask me about it because I have taken up running ten thousand times unsuccessfully.  More specifically, I went running.  Yesterday.  Which makes me a runner.

I didn't go today.

I also baked.  Creme brulee.  And peanut butter chocolate squares.

baking disasters of a small kitchen
So the Walker/Natalie Diet/Exercise Routine of 2014 is off to a great start!

(Also, complete aside, but I can't believe it's time for Rolex already!  I mean, when did that sneak up?)

4 comments:

  1. I hear creme brulee is great for diets.

    Where do you get your feed? If you haven't already, check your local Co-op for flax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally get it at the Shur Gain, but I actually just barely found out that the Co-op has some sort of ground flax. I might check that out.

      Also, I totally didn't realize who you were at first, haha!

      Delete
  2. OMG creme brulee and choc peanut squares, yes please!

    ReplyDelete