Saturday 5 April 2014

I need a purpose...

So as you know I passed the bar exam.

And then my firm hired me.

So it looks like Walker and I are sticking around at our barn and this crazy city for at least a little bit longer.

Before I knew this, I resisted making concrete plans for our training (jointly and severally - a little lawyer joke there).

Now I have to decide. Do we show this summer? If so, English or Western? If English, Dressage or Equitation/pleasure. If the latter, I only own a dressage saddle (and zero English showing clothes). If Western, it'll be pleasure. I could probably use a new saddle for that too. If Western Pleasure, I really should stop training Dressage and work on getting a quality lope back.

What about me? Do I take lessons on Walker? Do I take lessons on another horse? Do I jump? If I jump, do I show at it? If I show jumping, I have to ride another horse. And probably with my last trainer, who left the barn, which means showing with her barn, which means pissing off my barn owner.

For your convenience, I have included this nifty flow chart. You're welcome.


Decisions decisions

1 comment: