Wednesday 21 May 2014

Birthday Boy

Yesterday was my baby's 9th birthday!

Birthday boy looking for more birthday treats
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it out to the barn, but not for lack of trying.

I was invited to another birthday party - (I know.  How dare they!) - and it went a little longer than I expected.  By the time it was over, it was way too late to drive out to the barn.

Then, the horrible mom that I am, I forgot to bring his birthday apple out to him tonight when I went out to ride.  So I let him gorge himself on some treats I had in my bag instead.

I found this on my iphone.
It is the first picture I have of Walker on the first day he arrived

We had a pretty good ride.  I opted to ride inside since the bugs were bad and I wanted to work on some things other than tree climbing, but we had a generally successful ride.  We did some nice lateral movements and worked mostly on cardio.

I intend to make up for not seeing him on his birthday though.  Next week I'm going shopping with my mother in New Hampshire, and although I will be away, I am finally getting to a Dover store!  I know.  It is difficult to contain the excitement.  You Americans don't realize what you have!

Since I will be there on Memorial Day weekend, I am very excited for sales and all the lovely things that are always cheaper in the States anyway.  Hopefully this time next week I will have a new pair of boots and a myriad of other fun things to try and get across the border.
Gratuitous hand-grazing shot

3 comments: