Saturday 31 May 2014

The haul

I apologize for falling off the face of the earth longer than I intended.  After Dover, the week went slowly and then all of a sudden downhill.  We were unable to find the second big tack shop I wanted to visit, but I did enjoy the rest of the shopping trip I took with my mother.

It's what followed that spiralled.  First I arrived home late on Wednesday night to water all over my kitchen floor and the pungent smell of rotting meat.  No power, and for who knows how long.  And from as far as I can discern, it was the error of the power company.  We are in the process of trying to figure out what happened, but it was not so nice of a surprise to lose the entire contents of my fridge and freezer.

Especially since I had to go to a firm retreat first thing the next morning.  Which, while fun at times, had its own issues which I obviously have no intentions of publicizing here.  Just people problems.  As always.

So needless to say I booked it home this morning so I could see my pony.  And play with all my new stuff!

People who say money can't buy happiness have never been to a Dover store with a credit card
Yes, in case you are wondering, those are Tredstep boots in the back, the DaVinci, which I fear I will never actually wear in case something happens to them.  I also got Tredstep Rosa breeches whose sizing was a little wonky (as in, I got two different sizes, both of which fit about the same...) but which I love nonetheless, especially for the weird leg thing that's going on.

I tried to buy pink tailored sportsman breeches, but they did not have my size.  Luckily.  Since I'm sure that was just my excitement showing through.

I spent several hours there and the staff were very lovely, especially when they let me wander around the second floor with a measuring tape measuring every single noseband on every single dressage bridle so I could buy this Passier bridle for my quarter horse's fat face:



I took the flash off.  Obviously.  He enjoys bearing his teeth at the crowd too much and I pay a lot to keep those pearly whites clean.  He might as well show them off.

I pretty much paid the salary of two workers with all of this stuff, or rather, Visa did, but it was well worth it.  I drove eight hours and I had no intentions of leaving empty handed.

Today I just lunged Walker to check his mood and see where I'd be at, but starting tomorrow, we're hitting the grind since I have four weeks of involuntary unpaid vacation left to fill up.

Hilarity is bound to ensue.

2 comments: