Wednesday 14 May 2014

Just another Tuesday

We've had a successful stretch of rides lately. Now that Winter is past us, it is easier to get to the barn, and my main goal is to keep my main man sound.

I took advantage of having the arena to myself on Tuesday and had a lovely cardio workout with the boy. In fact, I'd say our fitness goals for May are clipping along just fine. I even went for a run before I went to the barn and rode.

We did a little 2-2-2 minutes of walk-jog-canter. I got some nice WP lope out of him, which although it wasn't intentional, I allowed since I am incompetent at getting a good lope with him.

Then we picked up the pace - some nice forward trot and forward canter. Some circles at the canter (as a reaction to him misbehaving, but useful all the same), and then we finished up with some nice leg yields and shoulder ins.

I talked to one of the instructors about Walker going behind the bit and had her watch. She suggested a couple suppling exercises and stated: "I think it's an attitude problem."

Thank you, Captain Obvious. It's always an attitude problem. 

Well at least he's not boring.

1 comment: