Saturday 8 March 2014

Blop Hop - 7 Deadly Sins

I'm a little slow getting around to this one, but here is L's blog hop!



Pride
Seven great things/strengths in your riding life

  1. Walker is pretty levelheaded and intelligent
  2. I am determined
  3. I'm really good at the theory part of riding, if not always the actual riding part of riding
  4. I have some good horsey friends
  5. My family
  6. I've finally moved somewhere where there are more opportunities for me for riding
  7. I have a fairly good career that may help the financial part of my riding.  You know.  Someday.
Envy
Seven things you lack or covet for you or your horse

  1. I want a second horse
  2. I want more time
  3. I want more money to be able to buy all the things I need/want
  4. I wish I lived in a place with more riding opportunities.  And barns.  And shows.  And eternal summer.
  5. I would like nice tack - like a really nice bridle and saddle
  6. I of course wish I was a better rider and I will always wish that even when I am
  7. I want a truck and trailer
Wrath
Seven things that make you angry

  1. When I can't fix my mistakes (stolen from L, but a good one)
  2. Stupid people (I have no specific examples of this one)
  3. I make myself very angry at times for the stupid things I do
  4. It makes me angry when I give into my anger, especially when riding
  5. People that don't listen
  6. Know-it-all's
  7. When my precious time is taken from me and I can't ride
Sloth
Seven things you neglect to do or cut corners on

  1. I wish I was a morning person or could force myself out of bed at a decent hour
  2. I wish I cleaned my tack and boots more regularly - like more regularly than twice a year
  3. I wish I was as clean with my apartment as I was at the barn
  4. Friday nights - I could ride.  I just don't.
  5. Warming Walker up, putting boots on Walker, and all the little warm-up/cool down things I rush through
  6. Doing Walker's stretches
  7. I'm so slothful that I can't be bothered to come up with a 7th slothful thing
Greed
Seven most expensive things you own for your horse/riding

  1. Walker
  2. Walker's board - one of the most expensive in the area.  Unfortunately.
  3. My saddle
  4. My bridle
  5. I will literally pay for almost anything medical if a vet and/or farrier so much as whispers the suggestion
  6. Some of my breeches, I suppose
  7. Show stuff - it's expensive simply because I own it for the limited times that I show
Gluttony
Seven guilty pleasures or favorite items

  1. Walker
  2. Our barn
  3. When I'm able to buy Walker cool things other people want (those few times)
  4. Some of my fancier tack/clothing ("fancy" is a relative word, after all)
  5. My career
  6. An indoor arena
  7. My family who help me out in many ways
Lust
Seven things you love about horses and riding

  1. Feeling like an athlete
  2. The friendships
  3. The fashion (also stolen from L; also a good one)
  4. The smell of the barn
  5. The bond between horse people
  6. Horses in general are pretty amazing creatures
  7. Having a purpose

1 comment: