Thursday 13 March 2014

Keeping Track of Progress

Walker is in the middle of a five day vacation.  To make a long story short: Wednesday snowstorm, Thursday barn dog night, Friday company, Saturday barn dog show, Sunday barn dog show :S

It makes it a little difficult to track any progress.  This Winter has definitely been hard.

However, I thought I'd take this time to talk about my love of journals.  Let me just say: I love love love journals.  Every colour.  Every shape.  Every purpose.

Moleskines are my current obsession
At the beginning of 2014, I thought I should start a Walker journal.

I already keep track of my expenses, and this blog acts a bit like a journal too.  However, I wanted everything in one place, with as much detail as humanly possible, and sometimes that much detail just doesn't make it into a blog.  So I started the Walker journal.


I keep a weekly checklist where I keep track of exactly how many days I go to the barn.  There is nothing quite like seeing it in a table format to guilt trip you into stop being lazy.

I also keep track of every expense, however minute, with details and dates.

Finally, I write a detailed description of my rides and everything I do.  I write down how long I ride, whether I use his BoT products, and any little thing I notice that might be off - cuts, scrapes, a hitch in his hind. 

It might sound time consuming but it actually only takes about 5-10 minutes to write up an entry, and it's the perfect way of keeping track of information that may be relevant for later rides or calls to the vet.   

Plus, I totally love journals! 

Chester is not helpful

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this idea. I used to journal all the time, and think I should really take it up again. I know what you mean about not everything making it onto your blog, but that you still want to keep track of. I also like how you budget absolutely everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to just keep track of the important expenses, but I've realized, even after only a couple months, that there are so many little expenses that add up too.

      Delete
  2. I love journals too I actually think I have too many. Hope you get to ride soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no such thing as too many journals. For the sake of my dignity, I will not tell you how many I keep...

      Delete