Sunday 23 March 2014

Just another day with my clumsy Quarter Horse

So yeah. Walker fell through a hole in the arena the other day.

I mean he literally fell in a hole. Up to his butt. One minute he's trotting along happily (ok, semi-happily) on the lunge line, the next minute he has disappeared as though in quick sand.

It turns out that one of the horses who shares a wall of her stall with the arena (and also happens to be Walker's arch nemesis) has been systematically digging beneath her stall wall. When Walker got too close to that spot, all the sand in the arena just gave way into her stall and he collapsed into the hole.

Of course, this could have been very dangerous. Instead it was extremely funny. Which I can say now that he hasn't been hurt.

Even Walker laughed about it
The look on his face was priceless. Most horses would freak out and probably hurt themselves. Not Walker. He was like, "uh, what the hell is happening? I think I'm sinking. Oh my god I'm sinking! Swim! SWIM!" 

And then he clamoured out of the hole, shook himself off and was like "That was weird". And then he proceeded to trot off on the lunge line as though nothing had happened.

I checked him all over of course. No cuts or swelling. Just another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment