Saturday 29 March 2014

Wasted Time


This week has been rough. And I don't just mean the snowpocalypse.

Wednesday - the view from the front door of my apartment building
 Obviously Wednesday was a write-off in terms of riding.  

But the whole week has been much of a write-off as well.  I didn't mention this earlier in the week, but I started taking dizzy spells last Saturday or Sunday.  

I didn't take them seriously at first, but then in my infinite wisdom, I decided to have a beer while watching TV.  This increased the dizziness tenfold, and it was so great that I almost crashed to the floor.  I literally crawled to my bed to go to sleep.  And for the record, no, I'm not so much of a lightweight that I can't drink one beer.

Needless to say, my mother convinced me that riding a horse in this condition was not a good plan.  So I spent the week only lunging Walker (who was not the most willing partner).

Post-storm.  This is actually the road.
As in, that five foot of snow is the road - not the sidewalk
Now that the dizzy spells have subsided, guess what.  I have to go out of town for two weeks.  Yep.  Walker just lucked into another 3 week vacation.  

Today is the first day that I have been able to ride, but I don't know if I'm going to bother.  The last time he was ridden was a week ago, and the next time he will be ridden will be a week from now (when I come home for the weekend).  It always seems so pointless to have singular rides where you have to start from scratch and aren't even setting the foundation for your next ride.

So I think he is just going to get a lunge for some exercise and a merry pat to send him on his way.  Sigh.

1 comment: