Friday 13 September 2013

I Hate People

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting regularly (or keeping up on other people's blogs) but it seems I can't find a good schedule for riding Walker now that I take lessons on Wednesdays and Thursday are out of the question. We've been bumbling around with me trying to not let him have too much time off and him... well, I'm sure he doesn't care.

This week has been exceptionally messy. I took Monday off like usual (which I may need to change to another day), but then my mom came to visit Tuesday so I missed that day. Then Wednesday was a roller coaster ride.

Cheyenne
It started out being a bad day at work but I had my lesson that night. I rode Cheyenne. When I got on, L said, "Cheyenne is a pony mare. That should tell you everything you need to know." Yep. Spookiest little pony ever. EVERY time we passed one particular corner, I would have to boot her forward. It was exhausting. She's also got quite the little jump on her. In that regard, she was great! We had a wonderful jump school and I did my first baby hunter course ever! 

After the lesson, I summoned the energy to ride Walker for 30 minutes or so. Nothing major to report. I just put him through his paces.

Then I came home to the cops on my doorstep.

Yep. The cops.

Apparently the neighbours made a noise complaint against the dog. Don't get me wrong. She barks A LOT, but she's one year old and I've only had her for maybe three weeks. I've been trying to work with some dog trainers, and I feel like we've been making progress. 

Which the neighbours might have learned had they complained to me first. Before calling the COPS! They even told the police officer that they had complained to me. Which is a lie.

These are the same neighbours who have locked their three year old in the hallway as punishment. But I'm the one with the cops on my doorstep.

My mom happened to be visiting so she took Izzy home with her for awhile. This is [hopefully] just a temporary fix.  That being said, I'm not the dog whisperer. I take her for daily walks, work on her obedience, etc. She is still a dog. And dogs bark.

As if that wasn't crazy enough, at 7 am the next morning, the neighbours get into a huge fight. The man storms off and the woman calls 911. Bright and early in the morning, she summons the whole kitten caboodle to wake up our apartment building - cops, ambulance, fire department. 

Yet I'm the one with the noise complaint.
One of the last pictures I got before sending her home with my mom :(

5 comments:

  1. I hope you and Iz are reunited soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a wonderful neighbor who calls animal control on us about 2 times a month to complain about our dogs barking... the last two times I have been home and had the dogs inside with me and you guessed it, they weren't barking. When they are outside and we aren't home, we have barn collars on them them.

    Basically the lady is nuts and has nothing better to do with her time.

    Hopefully your neighbors get a life and leave you alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's the same with me! I don't have a bark collar (although good idea!) but I mean, it's pretty hard to control them when you're not there. And these things take time. I couldn't believe it. These same neighbours get into huge fights on a daily basis. I could hear them screaming at each other again today.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry :( I hope you get her back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kind of neighbors suck... I feel for ya.

    ReplyDelete