Tuesday 22 July 2014

VCBH: Chock Full of Advice

An L. Williams blog hop, folks:


What is the best advice you've ever received from a Trainer or another rider?  What is the worst advice you've received from a Trainer or another rider?

Best Advice

The best advice I have ever received from a trainer was to actually look where I was going.

It is astounding how much you see when you actually look up.

Astounding.

There is a whole world going on out there that has nothing to do with my hands or the top of Walker's neck.

Worst Advice

The worst advice I have received was see-sawing on the reins to promote collection.

Seriously thought this was the be-all end-all until years later when I was taught better.  Oh the bad advice we have to undo.

1 comment:

  1. I also got the see-sawing reins advice. I still randomly start to do it if I'm on auto-pilot.

    ReplyDelete