Thursday 17 July 2014

Still doing nothing

Seriously.

I kept delaying writing this post because it was time to write a new one, but I seriously have nothing to say.

Sunday I lunged my pony.

Monday I did not.

Tuesday I did not.

Wednesday I lunged my pony.  He was semi-well behaved.  He still looks sore on his right front which makes me nervous.  I am not comfortable working him or riding him until he looks more balanced.  Call me crazy, but I'd rather him be equally lame than unbalanced lame.

Today, I did not lunge my pony.

That is the roundup of the week.

I also started back to work this week after my vacation, and it has been a little hectic, as can be expected.  I'm hoping that I can get back into the groove of things and get my routine on lockdown.  Not that I have a horse to ride or anything.

For now, my Walker plans are fairly simple:

- Wait until the farrier comes and puts his new pads on.
- Track down an extra rubber stall mat for his stall (not easy to come by, apparently).
- Wait to see if there is any more improvement with all the changes put together.
- Continue to gently lunge pony every couple of days to keep the blood flowing.

Then reassess.

Rivoting stuff.  I know.

1 comment: