Tuesday 1 July 2014

Oh but that heat

After the Winter we had, I will not be the fool to complain about the heat.

But I'm just going to say that the weather has been crazy warm here for the last week - all kinds of sticky and uncomfortable.  And I have the excruciating sunburn to prove it.

Because of the warm weather, Walker has gotten a few days off.

On Sunday, the weather reached the kind of temperatures that I felt were simply too dangerous to ride in the afternoon.  Walker sweats a lot, even when the temperatures are nice, and when I went to check on him, he was dying - even just in his stall.  I just couldn't do that to him.

I rode him in the evening, and although we just had a quick 30 minute hack, he was drenched.  I felt really bad for him.

I ended up giving him Monday and Tuesday off - Tuesday mainly because my sunburn hurts so much that I can't imagine doing anything else but applying aloe vera and laying on the couch in my underwear.

Luckily, by Wednesday or Thursday, there are going to be some thunder showers that will probably break the heat.

And that will be the end of summer in the Maritimes probably.  I wish that were a joke, but it probably isn't.

2 comments:

  1. I've been living with aloe vera in my hand for the past week. Hate sunburns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make me feel like such a baby. I do not want to move

      Delete