Wednesday 17 April 2013

Cat Love

"just let me love you"
I'm probably going to end up an old cat/horse lady but as it turns out, Walker seems to be a cat lover himself.  He tried to befriend the cat at the clinic, but sadly, it wanted nothing to do with him.

In other news, I think I am finally getting excited about moving to my new barn. I spent the other day creeping their web page and checking out the group on Facebook, and not only do they seem to have jumps and little fun shows, but there were some photo albums suggesting that somewhere on the property there was a cross country course just waiting for Walker and I to demolish.

The barn also seems to have monthly clinics, and although there's no way that I will be able to afford that, it is nice to know that if I could save up my money, I will not be completely cut off from learning.

Even though my barn owner is all about Western/QHs, I'm starting to get the impression that if I wanted to continue my ever so promising jumping career, we could do that there too.  The clinics seem to encompass everything from dressage to reining, and obviously the barn owner's main instructor (other than himself) must teach jumping at least at a crossrails level.


So now if I could come up with 2 cents to rub together, I know exactly where to put them.


I call this "unrequited love"
On the Walker front, the vet says that he is doing much better.  When I saw him yesterday, he seemed to be back to his perky self.  He was trying to get into my brushes and was optimistically restless in his stall.  The vet says that he is going to take him off the injection that he's getting and put him on an oral medication instead.  I gently warned him that Walker didn't like oral medication.

The vet said that I could take Walker home tomorrow and he would come out and check on him on Monday (he is gone for the weekend), or else I could leave him at the clinic so that they could continue to monitor his reaction to the oral medication.  Despite the cost, I went with the latter (and not just because I don't want Walker to literally bite my hand off).  I'm in the middle of my exams, and I don't have the time to go to the barn every day to fight with Walker nor do I have the mental capacity to handle another relapse.  I would rather he remain in the competent hands of the vet clinic until he is a-ok.

I would love for Chester to meet Walker
but I think he's more house cat than barn cat

5 comments:

  1. Carlos also loves cats.. the cats don't care much for him. Glad that Walker seems chipper! I've been stalking barns online too so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you are finding some decent prospects!

      Delete
  2. Aw, so cute. My old horse and dog used to touch noses and nuzzle each other, it was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't ready your post when I posted but mine is also about unrequited love! Glad that Walker is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I noticed that. Great minds think alike!

      Delete