Wednesday 10 April 2013

Quick Update on Today's Update :S

I think it's fair to say that it is a problem with all of us quick-tempered people that we're more likely to jump the gun and get angry over something than wait and hear a perfectly good explanation.

So on that note, I have a quick apology to do regarding my rage about my barn owner and vet.  I know that they don't read the blog or anything, but I still feel morally responsible for all my outbursts.

It turns out that my barn owner did send me an email regarding Walker's infection (yes, it is an infection now), but my stupid, incompetent computer didn't send it to me until I was literally on the phone with her.

It also turns out that my vet didn't call me because he had an emergency immediately after going to my barn that took him the rest of the day to solve.

My bad.

I did find out, however, that Walker's neck was swollen.  I wish this was a surprise, but I knew his neck was swollen for some time.  Of course, I am an absolute idiot and don't trust my own instincts.  I always assume that I am imagining things as I have a tendency to overreact when it comes to even minuscule details of Walker's health.

But apparently my instincts are pretty damn accurate.  Way back when Walker's legs were swollen, I also thought I was seeing things.  Nope.  He was anemic.  Then I thought I was imagining his neck being swollen. Nope.  He had an infection.

The lesson of the day: follow your gut

Also, I would like to apologize to everyone who has had to endure this last month with me complaining and whining and moping about my sick pony.  I just worry about him.  I'm sorry if it has not exactly been the most exciting or upbeat blog you've ever read.

3 comments:

  1. Better to trust your instincts then not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that Walker starts to get better for real this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My experience is that your instincts are usually right!

    ReplyDelete