Sunday 14 April 2013

The Silver Lining

I have been a blogger downer lately so I've decided to talk about happy things.

Things I'm thankful for:
- Walker's health, which seems to be improving
- the fact that I can even take Walker with me to my new city next year
- regardless of lessons or shows, I still own Walker and can ride him whenever I damn well please

Things I'm looking forward to:
- when Walker is healthy
- continuing to learn to jump even if it means I have to do it myself
- trail rides in the summer
- SUMMER
- not being in school

My new goals:
- continue to learn to jump
- work on some dressage
- perfect our Western Pleasure (and get that unattainable WP lope I know he has in him but won't give me)

Ways to make up for what's lacking:
- be frugal and save money (hey, maybe I actually can save up for a new saddle if I try hard enough)
- work hard
- read lots of horsey articles/blogs to learn as much as I can
- be happy (because being down won't turn things around)

I've also included a couple pictures of my loot from the dreaded exchange the other day. Among the stuff I really didn't need, Walker got some lovely shipping boots that match his winter blanket, as you can see. And I got myself a pair of crochet gloves to try something new in the summer.





3 comments:

  1. Lots to be happy/thankful about! Maybe you can use online training sites too when regular lessons aren't an option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It also occurred to me that I could use videos and the knowledge of my talented blog followers who can say, "No, Natalie, you're not supposed to fall off while doing that" and "Yes, for once you didn't duck out of the jump and crouch over Walkers long, lazy neck". :)

      Delete
  2. Lots to be happy about. Glad that Walker is continuing to improve.

    ReplyDelete