Thursday 28 March 2013

A Bad Pony is a Pony on the Mend

Reflexes like a tiger.  I swear
I'm not going to jump the gun and say that the pony is completely on the mend, but the meds are definitely starting to work.  He has stopped swelling up since we started giving him the anti-swelling meds on a regular basis, and I think the iron is starting to give him some energy back.

Case in point: he escaped this morning.

Apparently when my trainer went behind this metal gate contraption to look after the horses back there, Walker decided to join her - and also totally freak the horses out back there, who are in a tight confined space.  This is essentially their stall after all.  He wasn't wearing a halter of course, and when my trainer went to grab him, he made a break for it - out the metal gates, through the indoor arena door, and trotted off like a madman down the barn aisle, insisting that my 35 week pregnant trainer would not be able to catch him.  Luckily for us all, the doors to the barn happened to be closed, and he was returned to his [very large] cage.

That's mommy's boy!

5 comments:

  1. Escape artist... Glad he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, glad he's starting to feel better and is up to his old antics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably shouldn't be so excited that he gives my trainer a hard time. But I am :)

      Delete
  4. I believe if they are acting up they are usually feeling good!

    ReplyDelete