Thursday 14 March 2013

Video 2

This video I got from KMequestrian and apparently today is the day to steal videos!  Mostly I'm posting this one for my own benefit so that I don't forget about it when I am looking for it later.  I'm pretty fascinated with the idea, mainly because it flies in the face of what a lot of Western trainers teach (mainly the idea that you should drive your seat down).  It also interests me because Walker, as a Western Pleasure horse, naturally carries his head very low.  He always stretches it out, right down to the ground most times, but I'm not necessarily convinced that by doing so he is rounding out his back.  I tried to watch old videos of our rides but it's hard to see since the videos aren't that great.  The other problem is that he when he stretches his head out like that, we are usually jogging, not trotting, so he's not really reaching under himself the same way he would if he were trotting.  When we are trotting, he usually lifts his head a little bit.  Either way, I'm thoroughly intrigued by this.  I think that my instructor would be as well.  Perhaps we'll discuss it next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment