Sunday 31 March 2013

Easter

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are all having a good holiday.

I came home for the night to spend Easter with my family, but I'm going back to check on the pony today. He seems to be in good cheer, and the vet will be out on Wednesday to take another blood test and re-evaluate him. When I was at the barn yesterday, the outdoor arena was almost melted, and if this good bout of weather will keep up, we should be able to ride out there in a week or so. I'm so excited that when my baby is feeling better, we can actually go outside. He'll be wild!

In other news, we got three new ponies at the barn, one of which is an adorable little mini! She is so cute. I'm totally going to put her in the back of my car and take her home some day!




Other than that, I have a quick question for everyone. I got a Greenhawk gift certificate, and I'm thinking about buying a new pair of breeches for the summer. I'm not the biggest fan of their Elation breeches, although I have 3 pairs, but they have a few new brands that I'm interested in trying. Has anyone ever tried these Baker Elite breeches or these Ariat Prix breeches? Or for that matter, anything on this page? All I want is something comfy to wear in the summer while riding. I'm not too worried about showing.

In fact, on that note, I don't know what our plans for showing are going to be. I originally thought I'd do the first show at our barn in June so that we could try some crossrails, but ever since Walker got sick, I'm worried about rushing him to that goal too soon when he needs to put on some weight and build back up his immune system. Even if he's physically fit enough to compete then, I will probably not have much of a chance to practice my own position, which obviously needs A LOT of work. Oh well. Health comes first. I'm not the biggest fan of showing anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Never heard of Elation. Dont know about the Baker elites (I would read the reviews smartpak has if they sell them - normally a ton of reviews on there) and I have never tried that particular ariat breech. I did try the Heritages and they were awful fitting for me - not made for curvy. I have TS and love them. I can recommend the Kerrits. I have a pair in that micro cord. I admittedly dont wear them often as they are more of a "tight" and I prefer full seats now but they arent bad. I have had the pair I have for at least 6-7 years now and they look new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Elation may be a Greenhawk brand, and since Greenhawk is Canadian, I'm sure that's why you've never heard of it. I have a pair of Kerritts winter breeches and I quite like them, and I read somewhere that the heritage fit bad for some people. Sigh. I wish I had more options. I'm sure I could use the gift certificate for something else and just buy breeches off Dover...

      Delete
    2. Since you mentioned full seat, I was wondering what full seats you prefer. They don't have to be from Greenhawk, but I have never worn full seat breeches. Every time I try them, they seem bulky or tight across the bottom, but that's probably just the brands. I would like to get some because every little bit of support helps!

      Delete
  2. I'm a TS fan, and don't know about the bakers. All of Ariats stuff is cut too slim for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up buying the Bakers to try out, but I might pick up a pair of the TS as well...

      Delete