Sunday 10 March 2013

Florence

I'm currently sitting in the Rome airport waiting for my flight back home. As much as I don't want to leave, it's always nice to go home.

Unfortunately, my chest pain never went away during my trip, and in some ways, it has actually gotten worse. While walking through the crypts of the Duomo, I coughed and felt something pop. I was immediately immobilized with pain and I had to go back to the hotel immediately. My mother had to help me get my coat off and I quickly proceeded to up my dosage of extra strength ibuprofen to its maximum. I don't take pills at all so this is pretty significant for me.

This means unfortunately that after two weeks, the pain has still not gone away, even though the doctor at the hospital thought it was just a muscle strain/tear from all the coughing. I really don't want to go to the hospital again because I agree that it's muscle-related and I don't think they can do anything about it.

This bodes bad for Walker. I was supposed to have a jump lesson on Wednesday but I think I'll have to cancel. I need to be able to ride him thoroughly on Tuesday so that I can gauge how well he will be on Wednesday. After all, I didn't make D stick to a riding schedule or anything so I won't know until I'm back how often he was actually ridden. With the continued pain in my chest, I simply can't fight him on Tuesday (or Wednesday for that matter), and because we suffer from the Curse of the Wednesday Night Lesson, I know he will not be easy for my lesson regardless.

I'm at a loss because I think it would hurt to lunge him more than to ride him, but I'm also worried about the fact that my side is not improving. Ibuprofen isn't going to cure it. It's simply masking the pain. With that thought in mind, I know I will continue to ride, even if I miss the lesson this week, and its unlikely to get better with such rigorous exercise. :( I just want to see my boy!

Anyway, I will work everything out when I get home. One day at a time. The following are some pictures from our trip in Florence. I apologize to those who already follow me on Instagram and have seen most of them.

Also, check out the medieval spurs. I don't think Walker would like those babies much!









6 comments:

  1. You should probably see a Physical Therapist when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. But I have a crazy aversion to everything medical related. It took a lot of willpower and nagging for me to go the hospital the first time, and I just don't know what anyone could do if the doctor couldn't even suggest anything. But I realize that therapists have a different bag of tricks. My current plan is to cut back on the advil again and see if it is actually improving. If so, I will let it get better naturally. If not, I will have to explore other options. For Walker's well being, of course, since he'll go batty if I don't ride him. :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome pictures... Take care of yourself. That sounds pretty ugly :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you're starting to feel better soon too!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos in this post and the last! Sounds like you had a great trip!

    Hope you feel better soon - Walker too, boy guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Right now I'd rather Walker feel better :(

      Delete