Monday 17 June 2013

Dream Herd

Lately I've been thinking about my imaginary dream herd of horses.  I'm pretty determined that some day I am going to own lots of land, a barn (with a rockin' indoor and outdoor arena), and I will eventually move all my horses to here when they retire.  As much as I would love to have a slew of top notch horses and compete at all the coolest shows, let's be real here, people.  I'm only going to shoot for the following six different horses instead. :P

Walker: I will never sell Walker.  Never.  He is destined to live the life of a princess in my care, and when he gets old and if I haven't found it already, I will start to look for the perfect house with the perfect backyard for him to retire.

The Jumper:  Otherwise known as my second horse, and while perhaps he won't be a jumper, the point is that he will be the horse I get to compete in whatever discipline I want to do in the future.  And let's be honest.  He will be my flashy gelding that I paid an obscene amount of money for and will probably have horrible manners but will make me feel like a superstar while Walker continues to remind me that I'm an overachieving lunatic.

The Husband Horse:  Originally intended to be Walker's companion horse when he retires, he will also be the lovely little gelding I get for little to no money to babysit friends, husband(s) and reckless children who visit.

The Team: I want a team of draft horses.  A friend of my father's has horses, and he uses his team to plow his garden and haul wood.  I want to do those things and be all sixteenth century pioneer.  And I would also love to hitch my horses up to the cart and drive around the neighborhood.  "Why?" you ask.  WHY NOT?

The Broodmare:  I think it would be fun (and mildly terrifying) to breed a foal or two.  I doubt I have the nerves for all the ups and downs involved, but I would like to try my hand at it sometime.  I would either sell the baby for a profit or use the opportunity to train a foal from day 1.

Other Horses I Would Consider:
- A Rescue Horse: I would love to rescue a horse, and if the opportunity presented itself, I would want to make sure that I was properly equipped for the situation.

- a Pony: I don't know why because I don't really like ponies (and Walker hates them), but it would be kind of fun to do pony rides for little kids.

- A Donkey/Goat: I feel like there's always room for more animals on a farm, especially an imaginary one!

4 comments:

  1. better to dream big then not at alL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream on girl! I love thinking about what I would have if I could have as many horses as I want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I would KILL for a mini or a miniature donkey! As for the jumper, you should get yourself one of those million dollar grand prix horses ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously. If I'm going to spend an obscene amount of imaginary money, I might as well buy myself a winner! My friend has a mini and she's the cutest thing ever. She even has a little cart and you can drive her around the yard. I should probably add that to my list now!

      Delete