Sunday 9 June 2013

Tack Room Makeover

Before I started hand walking, I was really debating just hopping on the pony to ride.  For obvious reasons, I'm glad that I didn't do that.  I was also intelligent enough to realize that the high winds from the hurricane this weekend would definitely knock the common sense right out of him.

Since I was mostly stuck inside all weekend, I decided to tackle my tack room (better known as my storage room turned tack room because of the obscene amount of stuff I own).  I thought that if I was going to start riding Walker soon, then it would probably be a good idea if I could get to my saddles, especially since I'm still not clear on whether there is a place for my stuff at the barn or not.  It's amazing to think that I used to fit almost 50% of this stuff in a tiny locker at my old barn.

Before
I found an old shoe rack that I used to have at another apartment and decided to use it as shelving.  On top, I put the things I will use most often like my breeches and a few bins filled with riding gloves, some cleaning supplies, and bits.

My main goal was to literally create a path through the room to the back.  I still have to go out and buy a few hooks, but then I'm going to hang my jackets and bridles in there as well.  For now, I have my girths just strung over my saddles, and that Sobeys bag is actually my cowboy hat since I don't have a hat case for it yet.

After

All the bins have been put to an organized use
I am keeping all of my riding clothes in there too
(since there's no room in my dresser for them)
Soon I have to find out if there is a place for some of my stuff at the barn, in which case I will need to do some more organizing to decide what is going to stay there 24/7 and what will stay here.  For now, I still have some junk in my car, namely my grooming kit, first aid kit, shampoo kit, and a miscellaneous bin with some odds and ends.  Most of that will have to stay at the barn (except for the shampoo kit), but it's nice to have a good start on organizing everything.

1 comment: