Friday 3 May 2013

Ice Cream

First soft cone of the season - couldn't even
wait long enough for the picture before I took a bite
Nothing makes life better than ice cream.

And trust me.  I know my ice cream.  I used to work in a frozen food department selling ice cream to ice cream stands all over the province, so I know everything from a long list of their weird ingredients to their kooky French names.

The vet was out to check on Walker today.  I'm sad to report that he says that Walker's neck is slightly more swollen than it was before we left the clinic.  Sad face.

I'm not surprised though.  Although I had him calmed down about the oral meds towards the end, he was making a valiant effort to spit as much of it out as possible.  It's also simply possible that the oral medication doesn't work as well as the injection so now he is back on the latter.  He got one shot today and he'll get his next on Tuesday.  When asked if he would need a third, my vet looked at me with that vague twinkle in his eye and said "perhaps" that suggests "probably" in my mind.

Although I've been helping out with the barn chores all week (and spent the entire day there yesterday without riding a horse), I decided to mosey on home after my appointment and mope with my ice cream and my new Jane Savoie book.  I will warn you now that I will be quoting that woman like crazy for the next few months.  She is my new hero, and I feel like such an idiot reading things that my instructor has been yelling at me for a year and half now.  Oops.  Now I just need a pony to practice on and all will be well.

the good life: pajamas, a good book, and a good man

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can revel in the knowledge that you were SOOOO right :)

      Delete
  2. Jane Savoie is an incredibly nice and positive person. Hope you enjoy her book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. I would love to meet her or do a clinic with her. She is so impressive!

      Delete
  3. You're making me want to crack mine open. About time too! I've had it a few months now.

    ReplyDelete