Tuesday 7 May 2013

New Digs

The first thing I moved in :)
I got the keys to my apartment on Monday, and although I'm getting movers to bring the majority of my stuff, I decided to move Walker's stuff in that day since some of it is fragile.

I'm pretty happy with my new apartment.  It's a two-bedroom, but it also has a little storage room that I have turned into my tack room.

It has a galley style kitchen, but it's open concept in the sense that there is a giant window ledge from the kitchen to the living room.  I'm not going to lie.  I specifically bought the apartment for that window ledge.  It's pretty and I know that my cat will love it.

I'm going to turn the second bedroom into a mini office, since the room is much smaller than the master bedroom, and I think I'm going to have plenty of room for all my stuff.  In fact, I think I need to get my hands on a bit more furniture.  I only have one couch now, but the set up in my new living room really demands a second couch.  I think I'm going to get a futon to use as an extra bed since I'm turning the second room into an office.

All in all, I'm kind of excited to move and get a fresh start.  I move on Friday, and Walker moves sometime next week - to be determined based on whether or not he still needs injections or vet care.  My barn owner has graciously said that he can stay as long as I need, even though she currently has 35 horses and only 30 stalls!  She has been very good to me, I must say.

Storage room - to be organized later
Chester's window ledge

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty apartment! I love the chester window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. At first he refused to sit on it, but I forced him and now he loves it

      Delete