Sunday 5 May 2013

Quick Pony Lovin

Walker's boo boo
I spent the weekend at my friend's house because she graduated on Saturday.  I only saw Walker on Friday with the vet in the morning and then not again until tonight.

I just popped in to give him a bit of quick lovin and also to brush him and check his feet.  My barn owner had her son fill in all the holes in the driveway, but in dragging the lane, he ended up unearthing a bunch of rocks.  So now every time I go out to the barn, Walker usually has a stone caught in his feet. Because that's exactly what we need.

Because I wasn't there to take his halter off like I usually do when he's in his stall, his halter gave him a bad rub on his cheek.  I always use fuzzies on his halter to make sure that doesn't happen, but because he broke his old halter, I hadn't switched the fuzzies over to the new one yet.  Sigh.  Could be worse I guess.

I usually use Fiske's, but I decided to try out the new
multi-purpose ointment I got for my first aid kit instead
Then I took him for a quick graze but the flies were eating me alive.  Apparently it's that time of year again.  Poor Walker.  He was pretty much lapping up the grass but I only let him stand out there for about 5 minutes before I thought I was going to scratch my own face off if one more mosquito flew past me.

I also brought a bunch of my barn stuff home.  I figured that I won't be riding any time before we leave for our new barn so there was no sense in everything taking up room in my locker.  I brought home his bridles and saddle pads, but I left my English saddle just in case I use it to ride another horse.  I also left his first aid kid, shampoo/cleaning bin, grooming kit of course, and my helmet.  Other than that, I'm almost all cleaned out.  I'm going down to my new apartment tomorrow and I may bring some of down to get it out of the way.

I also think that my Western saddle is going to become "equestrian decoration" in my living room...

3 comments:

  1. I have a whole closet of equestrian decorations lol

    Hope walkers face heals quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Otherwise when I move to the new barn, I think they're going to wonder about me - with my too thin pony with sores on his face :S

      Delete
  2. Poor buddy. That'll heal quickly though.

    ReplyDelete